What We Believe
We hold these core values as being essential to the fulfillment of our mission and purpose. Our supreme desire is to know Christ and be conformed to His image by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the inerrancy of scripture, that the Bible, Old and New Testaments, are the inspired, infallible word of God, and that it is sufficient to thoroughly equip believers for every good work. (2 Tim. 3:15-17)
- We believe that God is eternally existent in three distinct persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.(Gen. 1:1-2; Jn. 1:1-2)
- We believe that God is the personal, transcendent and sovereign Creator of all things.(Jn 1:3)
- We believe that Jesus Christ is fully God and fully human, that He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, provided for the atonement of our sins by his substitutionary death on the cross, was bodily raised from the dead, ascended back to the right hand of the Father, ever lives to make intercession for us, and that we should be ready and encourage, instruct and inspire others to prepare for is eminent return.(Jn 1:14; Rom 10:9; Lk 12:40)
- We believe that upon His ascension into heaven, Jesus sent His Holy Spirit to humanity to “…convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment:” (Jn. 16:8)
- We believe that only through the power of the Holy Spirit(Acts 1:8) are believes able to take the message of salvation found in Christ alone, through faith alone, to the near and far corners of the earth.
- We believe that man is a sinner (Rom 3:23; 1 Jn 1:8) and cannot save himself, and that by his free will the original man, Adam, sinned against God and brought sin into the human race.(Gen 3:1-24)
- We believe that every person has the opportunity to receive Jesus, believe in His name, and become a child of God (Jn 1:12,13; Rev 20:17), becoming a new creation in Christ to be used as His ambassador to reconcile the world to Himself.(2 Cor 5:17-21; Rom 10:9,13) And that ”If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteous”.(1 Jn 1:9)
- We believe that it is the duty and privilege of every follower of Christ to make disciples. The new birth of man’s spirit by God’s Holy Spirit means the birth of love for others. Missionary effort on the part of all rest thus upon a spiritual necessity of the regenerate life, and is expressly and repeatedly commanded in the teachings of Jesus. The Lord Jesus Christ has commanded the preaching of the gospel to all nations. It is the duty of every child of God to seek constantly to win the lost to Christ by verbal witness under girded by a Christ-like lifestyle, and other methods in harmony with the gospel of Christ.(Matt 9:37-38, 10:5-15, 22:9-10, 24:14, 28:18-20; Jn 14:11-12, 15:7-8,16; Acts 10:42-48, 13:2-3; 1 Thes 1:18,; 2 Tim 2:2)